2009 was a fruitful year for me. I joined New Tune Live Performance on 4th year 2nd sem (the semester i did my highrise, which i got the chance to be at the rooftop of Menara Dayabumi. Opps... lari topik sekejap, hehe...) and 30th UKM Pesta Tanglung(where i performed on stage as a dancer, haha...) on 5th year 1st sem (where i rode my 11 year old motorbike to Sungai Buloh, haha. It may be nothing special to you but i am proud of it).
Back to archustic, or 'workshop' i called it that time. I was assigned the post of Head of Protocol. I noticed a trend in JSB, i.e. a person who holds a particular post in his JSB activity like Festsena will be assigned the same post from there on, and i have no exception. Actually, i was not the head at first, i was supposed to be the advisor to the head, which is my junior. But after all the bla bla bla... I ended up in this situation.
We had 1 year for preparation. 1 year ago, i have no idea how long is one year for archustic, but now i can say, it is more than enough(or just nice i guess some may say, but definitely not too short ). Meetings and discussions were the boring part during preparation, and i hate conflicts, which are very annoying to me but i know they are inevitable.
Worrying about the number of manpower we had, we had made a 'smart' move of engaging 2 co-hosts. Yes, i put the word smart in inverted comma because i was one of them who objected having 2 co-hosts. You may think "a problem shared is a problem halved" but i would say "more people, more problems". Haha... yes, i still hold that principle.
Anyway, we still go for majority (is it a majority decision that time?? mm...haha). We meet representatives from Taylor's and Twintech. First impression, Twintech: 'friendly', 'easy-going', 'a bit passive in contributing ideas'; Taylor's: 'Wow!', 'very active in discussion', 'will it be a problem later on?'. Haha...
Logistic was never easy to gather 3 schools in one place. It was costly and time-consuming to hold a 3-school meeting, but things got to move on. Finally we agreed on the theme, 'Archustic'.
Finally, Archustic ended in rounds of applause...... Congratulations to all the Archustic members! [flash back...]
Part 1: Count me in!
To be frank, I started the journey of Archustic with doubts. I doubted about my ability, my juniors' capabilities. I doubted about the leader's leadership. I doubted about the commitment offered by co-hosts. But i did keep a dream with me, that is to do something special for my very last year in UKM as an architecture student.
Starting from 1st year, i have been enjoying joining/organizing all sorts of programs and activities. Camping, community service, dancing, singing... i fill my student life with colours other than design and architecture. Many don't understand me why i spent so much time out of studio. Me, on the other hand, don't understand why they spend so much time in the studio. Haha...
I still remember the day i received Beh's sms asking for my vote for UKM organizing the next workshop. I replied a 'NO' with no hesitation. But why am i in the team after all? Seriously, i was touched by the spirit shown by my juniors who were just coming back from the previous workshop - Rumi. They showed great interests in organizing the next workshop. I could see people giving promises that they are going to this and that. Well, i was still skeptical about the spirit shown. Anyway, i did see quite a number of them that are really anticipating for UKM organizing the upcoming workshop. So, i tell Beh, "I've changed my mind, count me in!"
算了，我很累了，not physically but mentally and spiritually. 所以我开始逃避问题，寻找短暂的快乐。‘我要快乐，我要快乐！’ 短暂的快乐，毕竟还是暂时性的。第二天早上睁开眼睛，现实还是赤裸摆在你眼前，躲不过。
I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I am going is what inspires me to travel it.
最后，我选择了面对现实，我选择了暂停design thesis。也许你会觉得我很懦弱，在最后的关键时刻认输了，但我没有放弃！再尝试放弃的过程里，我才看到我真正要的是什么。是是非非，你的好坏，我都不想去管了。我想好好休息，用另一个角度去看自己多年以来忙碌（盲目）追求的梦想。I'm not sure what i'm doing now is correct or not, but i see my path that leads to nowhere. Not knowing where i'm going is what inspires me to travel it.
Thanks to those keep motivating me when i'm down, you know who you are. I really thank you for the advises, sms, facebook comments and for the off-pitch singing, haha... I'm not giving up. It's simply because i need more time to complete the journey. Good luck to you that are still fighting, keep it up!
1. It has been more than a month since my last entry. Am i too busy for updating my blog? Or Facebook just simply taking over the role of online sharing from blogging? Or i simply didn't have anything special to share? haha...
2. When there is a will, there is a way! Yes, when you are determined, you will find all the ways to the destination you want no matter rainny or sunny. But what happens when you lose your will?
3. I have moved my workstation to Juniperus(my design studio in UKM). So i travel everyday from my rented house at Hentian Kajang to school. It is tiring and costly. Anyway, the best place to do design is still studio.
4. 'There are things that you can forgive but you can't forget.' i saw this comment in out of my fren's FB profile. I just couldn't agree with it more. They said 'time is the best remedy to forget a thing'. Now i hope time can move faster and faster...
5. After working in Circle Cafe (or more precisely, Circle Restaurant and Pub, a lifestyle cafe) for more than 2 months, it comes to an end as the cafe has to quit operating due to ...(i don't have to include the details here, haha...). So, my part-time singing at the cafe also stop. It was the first cafe where i have been working as part-time cafe singer. Thanks to the cafe boss, Vaughn for his courage to give us the opportunity to perform there. I hope the poor business is not because of our poor performance, hehe... Anyway, i did learn a lot of things there. The experience i earned there is precious.
6. After resting(not singing) for 2 week, Sam and I decided to perform at Meru Station One as we got the offer from an agent. The PA system there is... just horrible. Now only i realize how good the PA system in Circle was. Anyway, it was a lesson and experience for us too. Now we have to learn to be more independent. From instrument set-up to the audience control and songs request, we have to handle all them with 'smart'. There are more other places to come.
Woke up 9am in the morning, feeling a bit different as usual. Ohhh... body pain! I felt dizzy and powerless. "Shit! I think i'm sick". And yes, i was sick. the 2 following days was terrible. What i did was nothing but sleeping and taking medication(not to count the occasional fbook session, hehe).
When i was sick, i lay on my bed, i thought a lot. How lucky i am if my Mum is by by side when i'm sick? How lucky i am if i have someone who care about me by my side when i'm weak? How good it is if someone can prepare my meals and medications? How good it is if someone can send me to clinic? How this and that...
I recalled at a time during my 1st year, when i was sick, and i mean a serious one(i can't walk down from my bed for the 1st day), my dearest roomate wash my laundry, my paras mates borrowed a car and send me to clinic, my direct senior bought me medicines and porridge... i was so lucky to have them by my side. Now i'm all on my own. And i should be on my own in fact. I should be able to be independent and take care of myself.
Chinese New Year is just a few days away from now. Let this suffer mark the end of bad luck of Ox Year. Welcome my best of luck in Tiger Year! Happy Chinese New Year.
Woke up 6 in the morning, one hour later than that set in my alarms of 2 handphones. Arrhhh... i hate Thursday. I supposed to show my design today but my procrastination(i wonder is there a cure for it?) had brought into trouble now! I remember he said: "don't turn up for crit if you don't have space planning and building forms!" Oh...
Take a look at the weekly schedule... omg! I will be entering the 6th week of this sem next week. 5 weeks have been wasted. And i just can't get my works done.
Oh what am i doing here? What am i writing here? Is this a confession? Hey, you better listen, go get your works done, stop procrastinating!
This is a blog about a piece of stone residing in the planet Earth. For 10 years it has not been wandering too much and now covered with thick moss. People say that a rolling stone gathers no moss, but It begins to think that a stationary stone will eventually disappear into the ground. So, it decided to move again.
~ Wanderer's wonder ~