From KUL to AKL to AOR to SGN to BKK to HAN

After Highrise semester...




I promised myself to write an entry about a summary of what i did in last semester(4th year 2nd sem), but it seems like this entry now is a nit late, haha...

I like to do self evaluation (so called) after a semester and try to make it a habit. I did it sem after sem, and now, come this semester, i some how... don't know why? It looks like i'm trying to avoid it. Why? AM i tired of all these already? or this is not important anymore? or i don't have the confident to face it?

Last semester, i call it Highrise. I started it in confusing mode actually. I was totally terrified by Urban (the sem before Highrise) and at one state, i was thinking of quiting. I just keep telling myself that i deserved another chance and i continue the journey in uncertainty. Surprisingly, Highrise turned out to be quite enjoyable at the begining. Of course we still have the inevitable group work (which i hate the most) to do, but it was not that heavy compared to Urban. The KL highrise case study was a nice experience for me. I visited Kompleks Dayabumi, Menara Great Eastern and UniKL. Dealing with the admins was a good learning ooportunity too.


Then comes the design part. It is a bit ... (how should say 可惜 in English? haih, lack of vocab). I used to say i believe in 'design without concept is nothing', but i did it this semester. The concept of the design is rather weak, not up to my expectation :(

Working in the studio

In the meantime, i joined an extra curicular activity, haha... I joined New Tune and participate in New Tune Live Performance in Dectar. I'm happy to get to know lots of new friends, esp. the juniors. I learned a lot of singing exercises help me to improve my singing. Hehe... Happy moment always ends very fast. After the performance, i got back to my normal and boring life.


After four years of architectural study, what disappoints me most, is the 4-year-old friendship i shared with my coursemates. One case by one case, i've been hurt. Ya, hurt, it is not exaggerating at all to use this word. Some said i've changed into another person. And yes! It is true. I've changed since then. I opted for dasar luar tertutup. I set myself a firewall.

Field trip to Kuala Terengganu (again)

Broga Hills

All in all, it was not a smooth sailing semester. With gains and loses, sacrifices are unavoidable. At least, i can still say I never regret doing architecture.

9 comments:

fara-D said...

well, that is wat we so-called life.
sacrifices after one and another...
may next semester be a smooth one for u, sansit!
go go!! go sansit!!! ^.^

fievelski said...

i have to agree with farah on that one la..

Ju 凯如 said...

以前经历悲伤的时候…朋友告诉我…人生的graf就是要有起起落落才精彩……如果只是平平的一条水平线……等于是跟人心脏停止跳动时一样……没有生命力…没有值得追忆的地方…也没有成长的机会……
以前不明白…但是走过之后才觉得这些话还挺有道理的~~...呵呵..加油哦..q(^o^)p

jcdagreat said...

hmm, haha...dunno wat to comment jor...
r u begin to feel tired to continue doing this... i mean u dun find the fun in it anymore? i always wonder y u continue 2moreyears here? a must? hmm, blog more le... haha. will feel better.feel like nagging tiam.lolz go go 30

ST_one said...

Hey guys, thanks for the encouraging words. I'm ok now. When i wrote this entry, i just threw out what i feel that time. Haha...
不经一事,不长一智, we learned after we have gone through it, be it good or bad.

Adian said...

hey i knew some of the pictures! haha

yup, life isn't always rainbows and butterflies. but it's up to us to find the hidden blessing in those dark moments.

Ju 凯如 said...

btw..dasar luar tertutup is cruel for those who r innocent~~..:(

ST_one said...

tat was for a certain period only. there are certainly a time that people just can't think wisely (想不开), but things are better now.

shiuan said...

First time i listen to you talk to me so much about architecture..You are doing so well now. Your story is interesting..keep it up man!

You just need time. 在不同的地方展身手, 一个有伯乐的地方。。。everyone need that...

Ganbatte!

Post a Comment